Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Straight Ser...? Honey Boo Boo


 I truthfully think TLC broadcasts some quality shows that inspire people. Unfortunately though, some of the popular reality shows about average Middle American’s bring laughter to my life, but leave me asking if TLC is straight ser? America eats up all the bad stuff and our viewership allows people like Honey Boo Boo to earn more money a year as a toddler in a tiara than I currently earn annually as a college graduate…WTF mate?
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, on TLC, showcases a southern family in their natural habitat. I watched a few episodes and realized I no longer need to watch the rest of TLC’s reality shows, because Honey Boo Boo and her family encompass half of TLC’s shows into one.  Honey Boo Boo’s five minutes of fame started when she appeared on “Toddler’s In Tiaras”.  America thought this southern child needed her own show and found her hilariously adorable. I personally full-heartedly find her to be annoying and she should be immediately removed from television. No Honey Boo Boo, I do not feel it to be necessary for my life to purchase the ring back tone of you saying, “You Betta Redneck-a-nize”…I’m good!
Her mother could appear on TLC’s show, “Extreme Couponing”. Viewers journey to the Piggly Wiggly to observe how this woman turns three carts of food (the family does not need) into a $23.99 bill. Honey Boo Boo’s mother like all the other extreme couponers in the middle of no-where literally turn their garage into a Costco where everything a person needs comes in bulk. She might want to save the $23.99 for the future instead of buying 10 tubes of toothpaste with a triple coupon that her family does not need. I bet 179 tubes already appear in their garage that doubles as a food bank…just sayin’. I even believe one of the teenage daughters may be pregnant, but I refuse to bring MTV and Sixteen and Pregnant into this equation (that show deserves a whole other separate post).
I proclaim myself to be a reality television show viewer. I minored in Sociology during college and I watch it for pure analysis of the different characters and social behaviors America becomes addicted to. I mean lucky for Honey Boo Boo she struck out into the limelight in the middle of reality television-palooza. Seriously people watch the show once in order to understand my passionate annoyance with the success of this show, but instead of wasting your time watching this reality show disaster read a book (Smart Women Finish Rich for example...just sayin’).

No comments:

Post a Comment