Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sexless In The Suburbs...The OC Dating Scene for Normies

-->

If anyone lives in Orange County, California you understand how dating might be complicated for me in the physical sense. I think of myself as a fairly attractive woman and I try to remain confident. Like most OC-dwellers I spent half my life on a diet and I understand the pressure of perfection. Unlike a majority of OC-dwellers though, I will be the first person accepting an invitation to a trip to all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ with my coworkers. One day I woke up, embraced my curvy body and decided to compromise with my imperfections (I love food like a fat kid, so my half watch what I eat, half eat whatever I want lifestyle works for me). 
If you don’t live in the famous OC let me explain how people roll in this hood. Borderline perfection lives among us. The latest Botox injections freeze women faces allowing no one to age. Honestly, moms with 3 kids look better than I do at 28 due to thousands of dollars of plastic surgery. I know the average 16 year old horn-dog guy would sleep with most MILF’s instead of me, I learned to accept my normalcy even though I would be lying if I didn’t find these circumstances annoying. The Real Housewives of Orange County to me paints a pretty fantastic picture of the kind of competition that surrounds me in the dating pool. Normal people dwell among us, but they are hard to find amidst the crowd made of plastic (I mean that figuratively and literally).
I’m just sayin’, dating in Orange County possibly may be harder for me then it might be for Botox Bitch. Physical attractiveness is a major part of California “culture”. I personally refuse to stop eating or paralyze my face in order to fit in.  Also though, the men who reside in the OC look better than me, take longer to ready themselves for outings, and generally seek out Botox Bitch to full-fill their trophy wife dreams. Singleness plagues my life truthfully, because I wouldn’t date anyone with an “Orange County” mentality on physical appearance, which makes dating in OC extremely complicated for me. Thus I remain sexless in the suburbs of California.

No comments:

Post a Comment