Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sexless In The Suburbs...Why Are You Single?


“Why are you single?”…To put this bluntly, my answer to this question would be, “Honestly, I’ve yet to meet a guy recently that I actually want to spend a majority of my free time with!” My second reply to this question would be, “You just straight asked me why I’m single?” During every date I ventured on over the past year, the guy asked me this lame question.  Asking, "why are you single", on a date might possibly be a deal breaker, because this question should not be present in the dating world. I even hate when other chicks ask me and look at me with sad puppy eyes.
Another thing people generally assume, my friend says this to me every time I see him, “You are just too picky.” No, no I sincerely know what qualities I want in a man and I refuse to settle for less from now on. Most call this concept picky, I call it knowing “what the f@#$ I don’t want” and knowing exactly what I need to keep me happy in a long-term relationship.
When you start dating someone, you need to keep all the items on your personal lists in the front of your mind. I refer to the list with the curse word at the beginning of all courtships these days. Singleness plagues my life, because I choose to be single at this time. The word picky,in my opinion, describes superficial reasons one chooses to be single. Committing to one person requires a lot of time, energy and I better love at least 95% of that person or throw in the towel and keep to stepping. (You need to enjoy this person so much that you find their incessant snoring cute…straight ser). Each person you encounter of the opposite sex (or same which ever way you flow) during your life helps create the lists of positive qualities you need and the negative characteristics you refuse to ever put up with again.
I’m just sayin’…what one calls picky, I call being older and wiser. Knowing what I want and what f#$% I don't want. That ladies and gents' answers why I remain single and sexless in the suburbs at almost 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment