Monday, October 8, 2012

Sharing Is Caring...#JohnLennon



The beautiful thing about John Lennon and The Beatles, in my opinion, would be their ability as a group to bring people together. Even the most gangsta of rappers would admit to being inspired by The Beatles and their success over the years. The Beatles represent a universal love of music; the way music inspires our lives, and a way life use to be. Extreme hippies like The Beatles, took peace, love and happiness to a whole other level, but I think the message of happiness brought by The Beatles and the people of the 60’s and 70’s may be one to easily forgotten.
The quote above pops up on my Facebook news feed every couple of weeks. I saved these words delivered by Mr. Lennon. I read this quote often, “like” it once a week (translation for my Facebook addicts), and started looking at my life. The pursuit of happiness for myself consumed my thoughts. The elimination of people and situations clouding my happy bubble started to transpire. I merely existed in this world and I wanted to be an avid part of it. I decided to live more like a hippie, but a responsible hippie.
I think people see life as a giant complicated puzzle. Life might be a lot simpler than we believe.  “I wrote down happy. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life,” said John Lennon. Always staying true to what makes you happy helps keep you at peace. Maintaining relationships that allow you to experience love keep you happy. Understanding the importance of peace, love, and happiness unlocks the door to figuring out life. I decided to live my life as a modern day hippie to find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment