Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dance As If No One Is Watching...#Muse

 
HOLY S@#$! “Madness” by Muse, hands down might be the best song created recently. I think majority of songs enhance a fun time, but the quality of music these days for the most part lacks brilliance (60’s-70’s=amazeball musical talent). Certain musicians though continue to write songs worth listening to over and over again.
 I listened to this song in its entirety the other day on my way to Kohl’s (that’s right I heart Kohl’s). I started this post saying “holy s@#$”, because those were the exact words that came to my mind after hearing this jam. My good homie called right after and we discussed the greatness of this song for about 20 minutes. She told me she made her boyfriend listen to this song 600 times the other day after a night of bar hoping (her and I remain notorious for “drunken song listening” i.e. #DashboardConfessionals).
Seriously, every aspect of this song from the lyrics, to the beat, to the guitar solo, and even the “Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Madness” part showcase a unique sound with a hint of a #Queen influence. Musically I think this amazeball song could appeal to all music lovers. This new move towards electronic DJ music really does not appeal to me, but Muse infuses “what’s hot now”, rock, and a crazy love song all into one. I also relate to the songs lyrics about the “madness” that follows when you fall in love. This song deserves a #Grammy for sure in my opinion.
Muse’s music became apart of my collection years ago and I always felt they created a unique sound. “Madness” though, I believe deserves to be played over and over again on the radio, unlike Taylor Swift’s, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”…just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment